david.a.peter [at] gmail.com
Apple Inc.—Cupertino, CA
Software Engineer Intern, June 2013 to August 2013
- Developed a system to graph overall metrics and find our top users.
- Improved customer targeting to find customers with specific configurations.
- Moved one of our old applications to a new deployment architecture.
- Introduced automated testing to our development.
1000memories—San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, May 2011 to May 2012
- Worked as an intern for 3 months, then full-time for the remaining 9 months.
- Implemented a dynamic photo uploader and photo importer. Within 2 weeks of release, imported photos amounted to over 25% of all total photos on the site.
- Helped write the core 1000memories API, written in Sinatra (Ruby).
patch to Ruby on Rails
- Product development with the team.
pry-rails: At Hacker School, I paired with two people to add various features to an extension of Pry, a superior Ruby REPL. The extension was for Ruby on Rails, and the features let us inspect Rails routes, Rails models, and the current middleware stack, even those hidden by Rails.
A HTML templating language where the markup is pure CoffeeScript.
My personal site running on Ruby on Rails. One of my articles reached #1 on HackerNews, got featured by Gizmodo, and republished by Hacker Monthly.
Rochester Institute of Technology, 2009-2013
Major in Computer Science. Graduated December 2013. GPA: 4.0
Acquainted with (and want to learn more of):
- Johns Hopkins: Applied Physics Laboratory Scholarship
- Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship
- RIT Dean’s List
- NTID Presidential Scholarship
- RIT Presidential Scholarship